We spent most of vacation at a beach community in the town of Sete, France, right on the Mediterranean! I actually swam in the ocean twice- freezing, but worth it! There, we got to see the sights, sample the local cuisine, and visit historical sites and landmarks. Funny enough, doing all this really reminded me how I've done relatively little "sightseeing" and "tourist-trap" type things here in France. Weird how after just a few months, this place has really just become another home to me. Anyway, the fun vacation-type things were all the more enjoyable because of it.
Proof that I actually swam in the Mediterranean :)
Awesome old cathedral we saw while walking along the Canal de Midi.
Funny story about these guys: up until two weeks ago, I didn't actually know the French word for duckling (you know, just not one of those words you think of learning until you need it), so when I spotted these guys while taking a walk, I stood there pointing and shouting "Small ducks, small ducks! Look everybody, I found duck babies!!!"...And then asked what they were called.
On an empty beach at sunset with my host sister.
We climbed up a ridiculous number of stairs to get this view, but it was totally worth it.
This cool painted church at the top of all those stairs.
So, that's my update for now! I'll be back with another post ASAP.
No comments:
Post a Comment