Another awesome cultural event yesterday! Here in Montbrison, the whole town has a massive flea market/ yard sale type of thing every fall. The whole main street is lined with tents and stands where people and local clubs sell all their cool old stuff. It might not sound terribly interesting, but it's actually amazing to see all these trunks of ancient things that have just been lying around in people's attics until now. I loved looking at all the old clocks, cameras, records, luggage, and so on.
I spent most of my time helping out at the Rotary booth (my main job for the day), but in the afternoon, I had some time to wander around with my exchange student buddies. I even got the chance to buy my own little token of French history.
^ A high school science textbook from 1888
^ "The History of France" from 1909
All in all, an awesome day of culture and history, and a really unique French experience. :)
Em... Favorite part of my day is realizing you put up a new post to read. Love you and it sounds like you are having a wonderful time!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!!! Miss you, and hope to see you again soon! :)
Delete